Say Hello to the Newest Addition: Double Edge Safety Razor!
Minutes to Read: 7 minutes
Do you remember the old safety razor that your grandfather used back in the day? It's making a comeback! People like us are now more protective of the environment, doing everything we can to reduce landfill waste.
Did you know that 2 BILLION disposable razors gets thrown out each year? More than expected right? To help reduce single-use plastic further in your bathrrom, Plantish is introducing its new arrival of the Double Edge Safety Razor! Safety razors are built to last. The only waste is the blade but most municipalities recycle them (please refer to your municipal waste management gudie).
Here are some things you must know about Safety Razors:
- The investment - why purchase?
- The SAFE in safety razor
- Putting it all together
- A step-by-step play
- Taking care of your safety razor
- After use procedure
- A safety razor's BFF
A) Cost Efficiency
Investing in a double edge safety razor only saves you money. How? You only need to replace the blades because the blade becomes rusty with use and can hold onto the handle for a couple of years, depending on frequency of use, storing conditions, handling etc. The eco friendly safety razor is made out of copper and brass materials, which prevents the rustiness.
B) Environmentally Friendly
The reusable metal razor is plastic free and zero waste. There is no need to buy a single-use disposable razor ever again! PLUS when you're finished with the blade, it is 100% recyclable! How awesome is that?
C) Superior, Ultra-Gentle Shave
Using the double edge feature, it provides the closest cut to your skin, removing all hairs, even in the most sensitive areas without a single irritation that leads to silky smooth skin. It also mitigates the risk of ingrown hairs and that unwanted shaving rash that you get when using a cheaper, single-use plastic razor.
D) Travel Friendly
Whether you're going on the road or having a sleepover, or going on a vacay, your zero waste safety razor can go with your wherever you go!
- The hair is cut once at skin level instead of below skin level like a cartridge blades
- The head of the blade is bent so that when the blade is positioned at the right angle, it maximizes the efficiency of the shave and minimizes the number of cuts
- Unlike multi-blade razors, safety razors use a single double-edge blade that doesn't tug and pull to create skin irritation
- you can unscrew the head and flip the blade to avoid cutting yourself or others nearby
3. Putting It All Together
Easy and simple should come to mind when it comes to the assembly part. Don't be shy because once you know how to put it all together, you'll become an expert. Here's how:
4. A Step by Step Play
Step 1: Exfoliating
- To accomplish a clean smooth shave, smooth the skin by exfoliating the desired area
Step 2: Conditioning
- Apply and lather your skin with your usual shaving gel, cream or soap
Step 3: Shave
* For best practices, wait until the end of a hot shower or bath to shave
- Shave in the direction of your hairs (ie. if your hairs are facing in a downwards direction, shave using downward strokes)
- Hold the handle at a 30-40 degree angle and gently glide the razor over the desired area
NOTE: Conduct short strokes per area. Do not apply pressure.
Step 4: Clean Off
- Pat dry and avoid rubbing; this could create friction and irritation on the skin
- Rinse and dry your razor and blade
- Moisturize the shaved are with your usual cream
5. Taking Care of Your Razor
- Clean your razor after every use with warm water then dry off with a wipe
- Switch blade every 5-8 uses (if you notice any dragging, it's time to swap it out for a new fresh blade)
- Store in a dry place, away from moisture (avoid leaving it in the shower or tub)
6. After Use Procedure
Once your blade becomes dull, you can recycle them. Pharmacies and local drug stores will often provide sharps containers upon request for the used blades. You can also bring used blades to your local scrap metal recycling for safe disposal.
7. A Safety Razor's BFF:
A) 3 in 1 soap bar
The 3-in-1 soap bar is a great match to our safety razor. All ingredients are active containing no dilution or additives. It is very gentle and effective, creating no irritation or burning sensation, which is why it's the perfect fit.
B) Conditioner Bars
The conditioner bars are a great pair to the safety razor. A mixture of shea butter is effective to nourish moisturizer that soothes the skin; hydrolyzed oats that shines, reduces breakage, soften and smoothen and repair and protect the hair; vitamin B-5 to encourage strength and diheptyl succinate to enhance skin texture.
C) Self Drying Soap Dish Tray
As our shampoo and conditioner bars have been widely loved in the zero waste living community, we spent months finding a material that is both safe and effective. The bars tray's finish is similar to concrete but with draining holes and pathways which will ensure soap and shampoo bars dry and your countertops and bathtub ledges clean from soap residue.
Feeling convinced yet? GET YOURS TODAY: